Goddard School District Health Services
Parents may be contacted to come and pick up their child during the day if the student becomes ill.
Some of the criteria used to determine if the child should remain at home, or if parents will be contacted to come and pick up the child from school are as follows:
1. if there is a temperature of 99.6 degrees with symptoms, such as headache, sore throat, nausea/vomiting, rashes.
2. if there is a temperature of 100 degrees with no symptoms. The student should remain home until the temperature has been normal for 24 hours without the aid of medication.
3. pink eye – students with pink eye shall be excluded from school until 24 hours after treatment has started.
4. head lice – If a child is found to have head lice, the parent will be called to come to the school and pick up the student. The student can return to school after their hair is treated.
5. all injuries which result in unusual swelling, discoloration, or pain.
6. cuts which appear to require stitches.
7. dental injuries.
K.S.A. Statute 65-122: Schools and child care facilities; non-admissions and exclusions; readmissions, when. No person afflicted with an infectious or contagious disease dangerous to the public health shall be admitted into any public, parochial or private school or licensed child care facility. It shall be the duty of the parent or guardian, and the principal or other person in charge of any public, parochial, private school or licensed child care facility to exclude therefrom any child or other person affected with a disease suspected of being infectious or contagious until the expiration of the prescribed period of isolation or quarantine for the particular infectious or contagious disease. If the attending person licensed to practice medicine and surgery or local health officer finds upon examination that the person affected with a disease, suspected of being infectious or contagious is not suffering from an infectious or contagious disease, he or she may submit a certificate to this effect to the person in charge of the public, parochial, private school or licensed child care facility and such person shall be readmitted to school or to the child care facility.